How to use your Veteran benefits at WyoTech.
We’re honored to have a significant student population of Veterans at WyoTech! We have multiple programs in place to make you feel as much at home as possible, ensure you have the best experience and go on to have a successful career in whatever program you choose at WyoTech.
Our Veteran students acclimate very well to the culture at WyoTech, even more so than the traditional four-year degree path. Why?
- The structure of our rigorous 9-month programs closely mimics the structure of the military.
- The GI Bill® takes into account (Length of Program) X (Class Credits), which means most students won’t have to worry about running out of funding from their VA benefits. However, students that are not 100% eligible for benefits might receive funding that is less than the amount required for the program.
About Veteran Benefits
Veteran benefits are available for training at WyoTech.
The payment amount varies depending on the Veteran program you are utilizing and the type of non-college-degree school you’re attending. The first payment is made 30 days after the start of a course and monthly payments are made thereafter, as long as the student is attending and not repeating a course that was previously completed. The monthly entitlement is based on the number of credit hours for which the student is certified.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill®
Under this program, for programs offered at non-degree-granting schools, the benefit pays the actual net costs for in-state tuition and fees or national maximum, whichever is less.
Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) is paid based on the location of the school and a pay grade of E-5 with dependents.
All Other Veteran Programs
VA pays a monthly rate that varies depending on which Veteran program you’re entitled to and how long your qualifying military service was. To view current payment rates, click here.
Available Veteran Benefits
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Transfer of Entitlement
- Yellow Ribbon
- Fry Scholarship
- VR&E (Chapter 31)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
Using Your Veteran Benefits
- Check your eligibility
- Gather required documents
- Social Security number
- Bank account direct deposit information
- Education and military history
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE or TOE), DD214, and transcripts for all other post-secondary and military training you have had to Student Finance at WyoTech.
Note: Average processing time is 30 days; processing may take longer during late summer and early fall, due to a higher volume of requests through the VA.
GI Bill® (a registered trademark of the US Department of Veterans Affairs [VA]. More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official US government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Join the WyoTech Student Veterans Organization
This group meets twice a month and does a variety of activities. For more information, contact us at 800.521.7158.