Phone: 800.521.7158

December 2022 Alumni Spotlight

December 15, 2022

Troy Gutheil is using his WyoTech education to blaze a trail in the industry.  Troy is from Blair, Nebraska, and took Collision and Refinishing with Chassis Fabrication back in 2010.  He was attracted to WyoTech because he liked the hands-on part of the education WyoTech offered.  He now uses this education in his every day work, running his own off-roading shop.  He uses the skills he learned in Chassis Fabrication in almost every single job he does.  Troy says that he has run his shop for about 10 years with the help of his training at WyoTech, and that it is doing very well.  He offers a piece of encouragement to any WyoTech students and graduates  – “I was very nervous after the school programs on where I was going to go and what I was going to do when I left WyoTech.  I’ve learned to just go out and do it.  Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and show people the skills you have and what you’ve learned.  If you fail, just get up and try again.  Don’t hold back from following your dream.”

About WyoTech

Forge your path at WyoTech in Laramie, Wyoming. We are a destination school for future technicians pursuing full-time training in Automotive, Diesel, Collision & Refinishing, and Welding. *Pair your core training with six specialty programs in Street Rod, High-Performance Power Trains, Applied Service Management, Chassis Fabrication, Advanced Diesel, and Trim & Upholstery.

*No specialty program is necessary to graduate from our Welding program.

-->