Meet Your Welding Program Developers!
December 29, 2023
Here at WyoTech, we want to build our programs to best suit what our students and the industry needs. So, we are partnering with some of the best, well-known names in the welding industry to help us create our Applied Welding Technology program curriculum. Take a glance through the below to get an introduction to one of our program developers and his background in welding!
Meet Dave Dybdal!
- 35 years in welding and instruction
- Placed 5th in the 1988 MN State Vica Welding Competition
- Placed 3rd in the 1989 MN State Vica Welding Competition
- Awarded the Willmar Technical College President’s Welding list in 1990
- Received a Diploma of Occupational Proficiency in Industrial Welding from Willmar Technical College in Willmar, MN in 1990-1991
- Became an AWS/ASME Certified 6G SMAW/GMAW/FCAW Pipe Welder in 1991-1992
- Became the first certified AWS Welder hired by Superior Industries in Morris, MN in 1993
- Became A-Line Supervisor and Welding Lead for Superior Equipment in 1997-2005
- Attended several welding classes from the Lincoln Electric Welding Program from 2005-2018
- Placed 5th in the AWS Skills U.S.A. Welding Competition in 2006
- Became a full time AWS/ASME Weld Instructor/Consultant for Superior Industries in Morris, MN in 2006
- Passed the AWS D1.1 Welding Inspection Program in 2006
- Passed the AWS D1.1 CWE Welding Educator Program in 2006