Phone: 800.521.7158

October 2022 Alumni Spotlight

October 20, 2022

October WyoTech Alumni Spotlight

Our alumni spotlight this month is a diesel graduate named Isaac McCarthy.  From Sheridan, Oregon, Isaac took WyoTech’s Diesel Technology program with the specialty of Applied Service Management.

Isaac says, “I had a choice between WyoTech or a community college that was cheaper and close by.”  He says he chose WyoTech because he felt it had better programs and better connections in the industry.  Isaac uses the education he got at WyoTech every day in his career.  “I look at plenty of diagrams that I wouldn’t have any idea how to understand before my education.” 

When asked if he had any goals that WyoTech helped him achieve, Isaac says, “I am a 20-year-old and working a career that I couldn’t have landed without WyoTech.”  He also offers advice for future and current WyoTech students.  “Be able to stand out with your hard work and attitude.  That’s what gets you where you would like to be.”  As a reminder, Isaac presses on the importance of being prepared to continue learning after finishing school.  “WyoTech got me into my job at Peabody, but there is so much more learning that I’ve been doing as well, starting as soon as I hit the ground floor.”

About WyoTech

Forge your path at WyoTech in Laramie, Wyoming. We are a destination school for future technicians pursuing full-time training in Automotive, Diesel, Collision & Refinishing, and Welding. *Pair your core training with six specialty programs in Street Rod, High-Performance Power Trains, Applied Service Management, Chassis Fabrication, Advanced Diesel, and Trim & Upholstery.

*No specialty program is necessary to graduate from our Welding program.

-->