Diesel Technology - Trim and Upholstery Technology
Trim and Upholstery Technology Overview
Trim and Upholstery Technology
Course material covers trim and upholstery terminology, trim panels, headliners, headrests and armrests, shop organization and customer relations. Students also study upholstery tools of the trade, supplies, operation, safety and maintenance of sewing machines, analysis of seam types, layout with existing patterns and constructing patterns where none exist, sewing various insert designs, seats construction and reconstruction, interior trim identification, estimating labor and materials for repair. estimating jobs and more.
- Identify components common in automobile interiors
- Identify supplies of the trim trade
- Operate and maintain a sewing machine
- Sew all basic seams
- Calculate, layout, and sew all insert designs
- Name the parts of a seat cover
- Construct a seat cover without the use of an original pattern
- Repair a seat foam cushion and frame
- Operate a button machine and produce buttons
- Recover a typical headrest or armrest
- Layout and construct a pillow design seat cover
- Construct and install a headliner
- Cover a sun visor
- Construct a seat cover using the original pattern
- Complete a written estimate on the vehicle interior
- Trim/Upholstery Shop Owner
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Airline, RV or Yacht Upholstery
- Custom Shop Upholsterer
Campuses that offer Trim and Upholstery Technology
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Motorsports Chassis FabricationMotorsports Chassis Fabrication is a specialty of the Automotive Technology Core CourseMotorsports Chassis Fabrication The Motorsports Chassis Fabrication specialty course introduces students to metal working techniques that apply to specialty automotive chassis fabrication work. This includes a study of metal types and configurations...
WyoTech Debuts Ford Conversion Van At SEMA Show That Combines The Best Of Retro Styling With Advanced TechnologyNov 9th 2016To mark its 50th anniversary, WyoTech unveiled two vehicles that students, graduates and instructors customized as part of a “Chop Cut Rebuild” feature at this year’s SEMA Show.
WyoTech Graduates Build 1966 Ford Mustang in AustinOct 27th 2015WyoTech is proud to be part of a custom 1966 Ford Mustang build for the United States Military Education Association -- the car was built out last week at Richard Wood Kustoms in Austin, Texas and will be revealed next week at SEMA. Watch it live now! https://video.nest.com/live/BDoWM7