Diesel Technology - Trim and Upholstery Technology
Trim and Upholstery Technology Overview
Trim and Upholstery Technology
Course material covers trim and upholstery terminology, trim panels, headliners, headrests and armrests, shop organization and customer relations. Students also study upholstery tools of the trade, supplies, operation, safety and maintenance of sewing machines, analysis of seam types, layout with existing patterns and constructing patterns where none exist, sewing various insert designs, seats construction and reconstruction, interior trim identification, estimating labor and materials for repair. estimating jobs and more.
- Identify components common in automobile interiors
- Identify supplies of the trim trade
- Operate and maintain a sewing machine
- Sew all basic seams
- Calculate, layout, and sew all insert designs
- Name the parts of a seat cover
- Construct a seat cover without the use of an original pattern
- Repair a seat foam cushion and frame
- Operate a button machine and produce buttons
- Recover a typical headrest or armrest
- Layout and construct a pillow design seat cover
- Construct and install a headliner
- Cover a sun visor
- Construct a seat cover using the original pattern
- Complete a written estimate on the vehicle interior
- Trim/Upholstery Shop Owner
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Airline, RV or Yacht Upholstery
- Custom Shop Upholsterer
Campuses that offer Trim and Upholstery Technology
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
WyoTech Graduates Build 1966 Ford Mustang in AustinOct 27th 2015WyoTech is proud to be part of a custom 1966 Ford Mustang build for the United States Military Education Association -- the car was built out last week at Richard Wood Kustoms in Austin, Texas and will be revealed next week at SEMA. Watch it live now! https://video.nest.com/live/BDoWM7
Mazda & WyoTech Partner to Train Next-Generation Automotive TechniciansAug 13th 2015IRVINE, Calif. (Aug. 13, 2015) -- Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced a three-year partnership with WyoTech, one of the country's premier technical training institutes, which will allow students to graduate as certified Mazda technicians. Mazda will also use WyoTech's state-of-the-art training facilities in Blairsville, Pa. and Laramie, Wyo. to train its top dealership personnel on advanced courses throughout the year.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Off-Road Power Concentration Off-Road Power Concentration is a specialty of the Automotive Technology Core CourseOff-Road Power Concentration WyoTech is now offering an additional program, Off-Road Power specialty or concentration, for students looking to get extra training in specific areas beyond their core program. Your training will consist of the usual cor...