Diesel Technology - Trim and Upholstery Technology
Trim and Upholstery Technology Overview
Trim and Upholstery Technology
Course material covers trim and upholstery terminology, trim panels, headliners, headrests and armrests, shop organization and customer relations. Students also study upholstery tools of the trade, supplies, operation, safety and maintenance of sewing machines, analysis of seam types, layout with existing patterns and constructing patterns where none exist, sewing various insert designs, seats construction and reconstruction, interior trim identification, estimating labor and materials for repair. estimating jobs and more.
- Identify components common in automobile interiors
- Identify supplies of the trim trade
- Operate and maintain a sewing machine
- Sew all basic seams
- Calculate, layout, and sew all insert designs
- Name the parts of a seat cover
- Construct a seat cover without the use of an original pattern
- Repair a seat foam cushion and frame
- Operate a button machine and produce buttons
- Recover a typical headrest or armrest
- Layout and construct a pillow design seat cover
- Construct and install a headliner
- Cover a sun visor
- Construct a seat cover using the original pattern
- Complete a written estimate on the vehicle interior
- Trim/Upholstery Shop Owner
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Airline, RV or Yacht Upholstery
- Custom Shop Upholsterer
Campuses that offer Trim and Upholstery Technology
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Mazda & WyoTech Partner to Train Next-Generation Automotive TechniciansAug 13th 2015IRVINE, Calif. (Aug. 13, 2015) -- Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced a three-year partnership with WyoTech, one of the country's premier technical training institutes, which will allow students to graduate as certified Mazda technicians. Mazda will also use WyoTech's state-of-the-art training facilities in Blairsville, Pa. and Laramie, Wyo. to train its top dealership personnel on advanced courses throughout the year.
Custom Car Fabrication: Tools of the TradeJul 29th 2014If your dream is to become a car-customizing specialist, you will have to master a number of specialty tools that allow you to create body panels and other metal components to individual specifications. Below are some of the key tools and machines found in most custom car workshops:
Bobby DhaliwalWyoTech Graduate
collision-refinishing-technology"I'm a Fabricator, Body Man, Painter, everything! I can do it all! I love what I do. I wouldn't change it for anything."
Advanced Automotive DiagnosticsAdvanced Automotive Diagnostics is a specialty of the Automotive Technology Core CourseAdvanced Automotive Diagnostics Students who choose to take our Advanced Automotive Diagnostics specialty course can receive education that will help prepare them to take the California Smog Check technician exam - a credential desired by California employer...