Diesel Technology - Trim and Upholstery Technology
Trim and Upholstery Technology Overview
Trim and Upholstery Technology
Course material covers trim and upholstery terminology, trim panels, headliners, headrests and armrests, shop organization and customer relations. Students also study upholstery tools of the trade, supplies, operation, safety and maintenance of sewing machines, analysis of seam types, layout with existing patterns and constructing patterns where none exist, sewing various insert designs, seats construction and reconstruction, interior trim identification, estimating labor and materials for repair. estimating jobs and more.
- Identify components common in automobile interiors
- Identify supplies of the trim trade
- Operate and maintain a sewing machine
- Sew all basic seams
- Calculate, layout, and sew all insert designs
- Name the parts of a seat cover
- Construct a seat cover without the use of an original pattern
- Repair a seat foam cushion and frame
- Operate a button machine and produce buttons
- Recover a typical headrest or armrest
- Layout and construct a pillow design seat cover
- Construct and install a headliner
- Cover a sun visor
- Construct a seat cover using the original pattern
- Complete a written estimate on the vehicle interior
- Trim/Upholstery Shop Owner
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Airline, RV or Yacht Upholstery
- Custom Shop Upholsterer
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Automotive-Diesel Combination
- Advanced Diesel
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Specialty
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
5 Plumbing Jobs You Should Never Do YourselfMay 8th 2013While DIY projects are great for saving money, some projects -- particularly plumbing projects -- should always be left to professionals.
Chip Foose Restores 1967 Ford Mustang with WyoTech StudentsApr 16th 2013If you love seeing cars restored, don't miss seeing Chip Foose and four WyoTech students bring a classic 1967 Ford Mustang back to life.
Drew BlakeTeaches automotive-technology" Automotive technicians come by their knowledge the hard way: experience. And many are not usually willing to share that knowledge with the competition. WyoTech has knowledgeable, experienced instructors who are not only willing to share what they know..."
Jessi Combs - Extreme 4x42004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyCo-host of Spike TV's "Xtreme 4X4" "At WyoTech, I received the skill set necessary to take me as far as my imagination will lead me." Jessi Combs' motto, "It's not how big you are in the fight; it's how big the fight is in you," has taken her a long way...