Diesel Technology - DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks Overview
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Today's diesel equipment is more technologically challenging than yesterday's diesel engines and systems. WyoTech offers a core Diesel Technology training program along with its Diesel Advance Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty. The entire program is designed to train students on Mack and Volvo Truck maintenance.
The DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty awards a diploma in approximately nine months of successful training.
In addition to the training modules you will take as part of the Diesel Technology core, the Diesel Advanced Technology Education for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty consists of the following courses:
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 1: This course introduces students to industry and OEM history, time management, warranty, safety, model identification, product specific truck theory, Mack and Volvo OEM program support tools and software, engine repair and diagnosis, fuel delivery, ignition, turbo, exhaust, engine management systems, drivability, electronics, overhaul, cooling, lubrication computer based diagnostics and component locations.
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 2: This course introduces students to product specific truck theory, repair and diagnosis on emission systems operations, catalytic reduction converter, diesel particulate filter, preventive maintenance inspection, cab and chassis heating and air conditioning, airbags and driver safety, wiring harnesses, ergonomics, power trains to include transmission systems, clutches, brakes, ABS, federal brake inspection, axles and differentials and suspensions and engine tune-up.
This Diesel Technology diploma program and the Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty can provide students with the basic skills needed to pursue a broad range of entry-level diesel technology positions, including consideration for employment as a diesel mechanic technician at a Mack Dealer or Volvo Dealer.
Campuses that offer DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Advanced Diesel
- Applied Service Management
- Diesel-Auto Vehicle Technology
- High Performance Powertrain
- Light-duty Diesel
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Off-Road Power Concentration
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
Important Consumer Information and Disclosures
- For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, please view the Blairsville Campus Program Disclosures.
Blairsville Completion rates for this program*:
- For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, please view the Laramie Campus Program Disclosures.
Laramie Completion rates for this program*:
- No students enrolled full-time in the enrollment cohort July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013, or the program was not offered during this period.
* For information regarding assumptions made in establishing these completion rates, click here
The completion rate data presented here is calculated using the following assumptions:
- The Enrollment Cohort includes all students who started in a program for the first time during the enrollment cohort (financial aid award year, “FA AY”). Re-entries are not considered a “start” in the enrollment cohort (FA AY) if they attended the program in a previous enrollment cohort (FA AY), regardless of how long it has been since their prior attendance.
- The enrollment cohort excludes any students that died, if applicable. The enrollment cohort does not exclude permanently disabled students who were unable to continue on at least a half-time basis.
- Students are considered completers if they became a graduate in the program. Students with any status other than graduate are considered non-completers.
- These calculations use the federal financial aid definition of full-time, and less than full time (number of credits) to determine the cohort the student’s completion information will be calculated in. The number of credits the student is enrolled in on the student’s first day of attendance is used to determine the student’s status. As such, students are considered full-time if they are taking 12 credits or more, and considered less than full time if they are taking less than 12 credits. All modular students are considered full time.
The following calculations are used to display completion information based on the students FT or less than FT status:
- (# of full time students in enrollment cohort (“EC”) who completed within 100% program length) / (# of full-time students in EC)
- (# of full time students in EC who completed within 150% program length) / (# of full-time students in EC)
- (# of less-than-full-time students in EC who completed within 200% program length) / (# of less-than-full-time students in EC)
- (# of less-than-full-time students in EC who completed within 300% program length) / (# of less-than-full-time students in EC)
- These disclosures reflect completion percentages for the enrollment cohort (by financial aid award year, July 1- June 30) that will provide the most recent group of completers for the longer of the two completion percentages. Specifically, we select the most recent enrollment cohort (FA AY) for the full-time students to have had enough time to complete 150% of their program length; and, we select the most recent enrollment cohort (FA AY) for the less than full-time students to have had time to complete 300% of their program length. As such, enrollment cohorts may vary dependent on program length.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo TrucksDATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks is a specialty of the Diesel Technology Core CourseDATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo TrucksToday's diesel equipment is more technologically challenging than yesterday's diesel engines and systems. WyoTech offers a core Diesel Technology training program along with its Diesel Advance Technology Educatio...
Thomas LivingstonWyoTech Graduate
automotive-technology"I work for a professional drag racing team and WyoTech is what got me here."
WyoTech Graduates Build 1966 Ford Mustang in AustinOct 27th 2015WyoTech is proud to be part of a custom 1966 Ford Mustang build for the United States Military Education Association -- the car was built out last week at Richard Wood Kustoms in Austin, Texas and will be revealed next week at SEMA. Watch it live now! https://video.nest.com/live/BDoWM7
Mazda & WyoTech Partner to Train Next-Generation Automotive TechniciansAug 13th 2015IRVINE, Calif. (Aug. 13, 2015) -- Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced a three-year partnership with WyoTech, one of the country's premier technical training institutes, which will allow students to graduate as certified Mazda technicians. Mazda will also use WyoTech's state-of-the-art training facilities in Blairsville, Pa. and Laramie, Wyo. to train its top dealership personnel on advanced courses throughout the year.