Diesel Technology - DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks Overview
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Today's diesel equipment is more technologically challenging than yesterday's diesel engines and systems. WyoTech offers a core Diesel Technology training program along with its Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty. The entire program is designed to train students on Mack and Volvo Truck maintenance.
The DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty awards a diploma in approximately nine months of successful training.
In addition to the training modules you will take as part of the Diesel Technology core, the Diesel Advanced Technology Education for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty consists of the following courses:
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 1: This course introduces students to industry and OEM history, time management, warranty, safety, model identification, product specific truck theory, Mack and Volvo OEM program support tools and software, engine repair and diagnosis, fuel delivery, ignition, turbo, exhaust, engine management systems, drivability, electronics, overhaul, cooling, lubrication computer based diagnostics and component locations.
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 2: This course introduces students to product specific truck theory, repair and diagnosis on emission systems operations, catalytic reduction converter, diesel particulate filter, preventive maintenance inspection, cab and chassis heating and air conditioning, airbags and driver safety, wiring harnesses, ergonomics, power trains to include transmission systems, clutches, brakes, ABS, federal brake inspection, axles and differentials and suspensions and engine tune-up.
This Diesel Technology diploma program and the Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty can provide students with the basic skills needed to pursue a broad range of entry-level diesel technology positions, including consideration for employment as a diesel mechanic technician at a Mack Dealer or Volvo Dealer.
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Diesel
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
For information on the potential sale of this campus, click here.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
David CastroWyoTech Graduate
automotive-technology"Working on cars is what I love doing, so it's not even like a job to me."
Information Technology Support Specialist Information Technology Support Specialist Do you know what employers want for today's information technology (IT) positions? The Information Technology Support Specialist diploma program is a uniquely designed "workforce ready" IT training progra...
Top 12 Characteristics of an Electrician: Do You Have What It Takes?Oct 16th 2014Perhaps you had a family member who was an electrician that inspired you, or you've just always had a knack for the trade. But does that mean you should become an electrician? Here are the top 12 characteristics of an electrician that may help you decide.
Custom Car Fabrication: Tools of the TradeJul 29th 2014If your dream is to become a car-customizing specialist, you will have to master a number of specialty tools that allow you to create body panels and other metal components to individual specifications. Below are some of the key tools and machines found in most custom car workshops: