Diesel Technology - DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks Overview
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Today's diesel equipment is more technologically challenging than yesterday's diesel engines and systems. WyoTech offers a core Diesel Technology training program along with its Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty. The entire program is designed to train students on Mack and Volvo Truck maintenance.
The DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty awards a diploma in approximately nine months of successful training.
In addition to the training modules you will take as part of the Diesel Technology core, the Diesel Advanced Technology Education for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty consists of the following courses:
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 1: This course introduces students to industry and OEM history, time management, warranty, safety, model identification, product specific truck theory, Mack and Volvo OEM program support tools and software, engine repair and diagnosis, fuel delivery, ignition, turbo, exhaust, engine management systems, drivability, electronics, overhaul, cooling, lubrication computer based diagnostics and component locations.
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 2: This course introduces students to product specific truck theory, repair and diagnosis on emission systems operations, catalytic reduction converter, diesel particulate filter, preventive maintenance inspection, cab and chassis heating and air conditioning, airbags and driver safety, wiring harnesses, ergonomics, power trains to include transmission systems, clutches, brakes, ABS, federal brake inspection, axles and differentials and suspensions and engine tune-up.
This Diesel Technology diploma program and the Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty can provide students with the basic skills needed to pursue a broad range of entry-level diesel technology positions, including consideration for employment as a diesel mechanic technician at a Mack Dealer or Volvo Dealer.
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Diesel
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
David CastroWyoTech Graduate
automotive-technology"Working on cars is what I love doing, so it's not even like a job to me."
WyoTech’s Blairsville Students Rebuild Truck Engine for Cable TV SeriesMay 20th 2014Four students at WyoTech in Blairsville have been chosen to rebuild a Ford truck engine for MavTV's "Chop Cut Rebuild" reality TV series.
7 Most Commonly Damaged Car PartsMay 15th 2014Automotive collision refinishing specialists see a lot of vehicular damage. Dealing with damaged car and truck parts is part of the job. But some car parts get damaged more often than others, so it pays to put particular focus on repairing these particular components. Here are the seven most commonly damaged car parts based on a survey of nearly 20,000 auto collisions in 2010:* 1. Front Bumper (28 percent) – This is no surprise, since the front bumper is the first part of a car to hit another object when in forward motion. Even though bumpers are designed to resist low-speed impacts (under 5 mph), any collision at normal driving […]
Plumbing Technology Plumbing Technology The Plumbing Technology program can help prepare you to work in a number of entry-level phases of the plumbing field. You will gain the skills to perform plumbing tasks that include repairs and remodels, as well as new constructio...