Diesel Technology - DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks Overview
DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Today's diesel equipment is more technologically challenging than yesterday's diesel engines and systems. WyoTech offers a core Diesel Technology training program along with its Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty. The entire program is designed to train students on Mack and Volvo Truck maintenance.
The DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty awards a diploma in approximately nine months of successful training.
In addition to the training modules you will take as part of the Diesel Technology core, the Diesel Advanced Technology Education for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty consists of the following courses:
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 1: This course introduces students to industry and OEM history, time management, warranty, safety, model identification, product specific truck theory, Mack and Volvo OEM program support tools and software, engine repair and diagnosis, fuel delivery, ignition, turbo, exhaust, engine management systems, drivability, electronics, overhaul, cooling, lubrication computer based diagnostics and component locations.
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks 2: This course introduces students to product specific truck theory, repair and diagnosis on emission systems operations, catalytic reduction converter, diesel particulate filter, preventive maintenance inspection, cab and chassis heating and air conditioning, airbags and driver safety, wiring harnesses, ergonomics, power trains to include transmission systems, clutches, brakes, ABS, federal brake inspection, axles and differentials and suspensions and engine tune-up.
This Diesel Technology diploma program and the Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks specialty can provide students with the basic skills needed to pursue a broad range of entry-level diesel technology positions, including consideration for employment as a diesel mechanic technician at a Mack Dealer or Volvo Dealer.
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Diesel
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
For information on the potential sale of this campus, click here.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Business Office Administration Business Office Administration Working in a dynamic, task-oriented office job where you can collaborate with your colleagues, organize work flows and assist prospects and customers can be both fulfilling and exciting. Learn the basic foundation an...
Jason PurdueWyoTech Graduate"The training I received was top-of-the-line. School was fun and didn't seem like school at all. And now that I've graduated, I have a great paying full-time job thanks to WyoTech."