Automotive Technology - Trim and Upholstery Technology
Trim and Upholstery Technology Overview
Trim and Upholstery Technology
Course material covers trim and upholstery terminology, trim panels, headliners, headrests and armrests, shop organization and customer relations. Students also study upholstery tools of the trade, supplies, operation, safety and maintenance of sewing machines, analysis of seam types, layout with existing patterns and constructing patterns where none exist, sewing various insert designs, seats construction and reconstruction, interior trim identification, estimating labor and materials for repair. estimating jobs and more.
- Identify components common in automobile interiors
- Identify supplies of the trim trade
- Operate and maintain a sewing machine
- Sew all basic seams
- Calculate, layout, and sew all insert designs
- Name the parts of a seat cover
- Construct a seat cover without the use of an original pattern
- Repair a seat foam cushion and frame
- Operate a button machine and produce buttons
- Recover a typical headrest or armrest
- Layout and construct a pillow design seat cover
- Construct and install a headliner
- Cover a sun visor
- Construct a seat cover using the original pattern
- Complete a written estimate on the vehicle interior
- Trim/Upholstery Shop Owner
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Airline, RV or Yacht Upholstery
- Custom Shop Upholsterer
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
For information on the potential sale of this campus, click here.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Trim and Upholstery TechnologyTrim and Upholstery Technology is a specialty of the Collision Refinishing Technology Core CourseTrim and Upholstery Technology Course material covers trim and upholstery terminology, trim panels, headliners, headrests and armrests, shop organization and customer relations. Students also study upholstery tools of the trade, supplies, operation, safet...
Andrew KeyWyoTech Graduate"I would not trade my education at WyoTech for anything else in this world."