Automotive Technology - Trim and Upholstery Technology
Trim and Upholstery Technology Overview
Trim and Upholstery Technology
Course material covers trim and upholstery terminology, trim panels, headliners, headrests and armrests, shop organization and customer relations. Students also study upholstery tools of the trade, supplies, operation, safety and maintenance of sewing machines, analysis of seam types, layout with existing patterns and constructing patterns where none exist, sewing various insert designs, seats construction and reconstruction, interior trim identification, estimating labor and materials for repair. estimating jobs and more.
- Identify components common in automobile interiors
- Identify supplies of the trim trade
- Operate and maintain a sewing machine
- Sew all basic seams
- Calculate, layout, and sew all insert designs
- Name the parts of a seat cover
- Construct a seat cover without the use of an original pattern
- Repair a seat foam cushion and frame
- Operate a button machine and produce buttons
- Recover a typical headrest or armrest
- Layout and construct a pillow design seat cover
- Construct and install a headliner
- Cover a sun visor
- Construct a seat cover using the original pattern
- Complete a written estimate on the vehicle interior
- Trim/Upholstery Shop Owner
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Airline, RV or Yacht Upholstery
- Custom Shop Upholsterer
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
For information on the potential sale of this campus, click here.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Street Rod and Custom FabricationStreet Rod and Custom Fabrication is a specialty of the Collision Refinishing Technology Core CourseStreet Rod and Custom Fabrication In our street rod and custom fabrication course, you will study the techniques used to customize vehicles and create works of art. You will become familiar with basic specialized sheet metal fabrication techniques a...
Andrew KeyWyoTech Graduate"I would not trade my education at WyoTech for anything else in this world."
Custom Car Fabrication: Tools of the TradeJul 29th 2014If your dream is to become a car-customizing specialist, you will have to master a number of specialty tools that allow you to create body panels and other metal components to individual specifications. Below are some of the key tools and machines found in most custom car workshops:
WyoTech’s Blairsville Students Rebuild Truck Engine for Cable TV SeriesMay 20th 2014Four students at WyoTech in Blairsville have been chosen to rebuild a Ford truck engine for MavTV's "Chop Cut Rebuild" reality TV series.