Automotive Technology - Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
Street Rod and Custom Fabrication Overview
Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
In our street rod and custom fabrication course, you will study the techniques used to customize vehicles and create works of art. You will become familiar with basic specialized sheet metal fabrication techniques as applied to customizing vehicles.
These techniques will include the use of basic hand tools and specialized equipment like the english wheel, power hammer, planishing hammer, bead roller and louver press. Our custom paint training will cover the application of specialized finishes like pearls and candies. Techniques will be taught for special effects including the layout and design of graphics.
Street Rod and Custom Fabrication offers a solid foundation in:
- Custom and specialized sheet metal shaping and fabrication
- Application of lead (body solder)
- M.I.G., T.I.G. and Oxy-Acetylene welding
- Chop tops including carson style tops
- Hidden pin hinges (Suicide Doors)
- Body Construction including Firewalls, Floorboards and Transmission tunnels
- Custom paint techniques including special effects, airbrushing and pin striping
Career opportunities for students who complete this course may include:
- Custom Painter
- Specialty Shop Technician
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Light-duty Diesel
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Diesel Technology Diesel Technology Diesel is more than just trucks - it's a driving force behind today's technology. Think about all the vehicles and equipment running on diesel engines - oil rigs, power plants, hydraulic systems, locomotives, cargo ships, farming equipment...
Will Rossmeyer1996 Graduate
motorcycle-technology » european-motorcycles"I always had a mechanical background in automotive, but going to WyoTech helped me get up to speed on new motorcycle technology much faster. I knew how to turn wrenches, but this really brought me up to speed on bikes."