Automotive Technology - Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
Street Rod and Custom Fabrication Overview
Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
In our street rod and custom fabrication course, you will study the techniques used to customize vehicles and create works of art. You will become familiar with basic specialized sheet metal fabrication techniques as applied to customizing vehicles.
These techniques will include the use of basic hand tools and specialized equipment like the english wheel, power hammer, planishing hammer, bead roller and louver press. Our custom paint training will cover the application of specialized finishes like pearls and candies. Techniques will be taught for special effects including the layout and design of graphics.
Street Rod and Custom Fabrication offers a solid foundation in:
- Custom and specialized sheet metal shaping and fabrication
- Application of lead (body solder)
- M.I.G., T.I.G. and Oxy-Acetylene welding
- Chop tops including carson style tops
- Hidden pin hinges (Suicide Doors)
- Body Construction including Firewalls, Floorboards and Transmission tunnels
- Custom paint techniques including special effects, airbrushing and pin striping
Career opportunities for students who complete this course may include:
- Custom Painter
- Specialty Shop Technician
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Light-duty Diesel
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Motorcycle Technology’s Top 10Apr 14th 2014Interested in the top 10 of motorcycles and motorcycle technology? Here's a quick look at the category leaders when it comes to motoring on two wheels.
8 Diesel Technology FirstsFeb 28th 2014There's a first time for everything, and that includes diesel power. Here are eight firsts in the history of diesel technology.
Bobby DhaliwalWyoTech Graduate
collision-refinishing-technology"I'm a Fabricator, Body Man, Painter, everything! I can do it all! I love what I do. I wouldn't change it for anything."
Motorcycle Technology Motorcycle Technology WyoTech's Motorcycle Technology program is designed to give you the specialized skills and knowledge you need for a career servicing and repairing today's modern bikes. Whether you're interested in basic motorcycle repair or lookin...