Automotive Technology - Light-duty Diesel
Light-duty Diesel Overview
The objective of our Light-Duty Diesel concentration is to provide students with the skills to work on light-duty consumer trucks and diesel engines. Students study various manufacturers' engines, and examine how diesel power and performance is achieved.
Students in our Light-Duty Diesel concentration study:
- Cummins and Powerstroke Engines
- Engine Management Systems
- Dynamometer Usage
- Powerplants and Electrical
- Add-on Hydraulics Service
- Transmission Service
- Bed-swap modification
- Climate control
Students also receive training in theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of diesel-powered equipment with an emphasis on light-diesel applications.
Some career opportunities might include:
- Retail Service Technician
- Industrial Repair
- Locomotive Service and Repair
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Automotive-Diesel Combination
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Specialty
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - Extreme 4x42004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyCo-host of Spike TV's "Xtreme 4X4" "At WyoTech, I received the skill set necessary to take me as far as my imagination will lead me." Jessi Combs' motto, "It's not how big you are in the fight; it's how big the fight is in you," has taken her a long way...
Marty MacDonaldTeaches motorcycle-technology" I have 20+ years of service in the industry, and I have a desire to share my love and passion with today's future technicians. Old school journey man program-and years of trial and error. 20+ years at the dealer level, manufacturing level, and afte..."
Thomas Livingston2004 Graduate
automotive-technology"I work for a professional drag racing team and WyoTech is what got me here."