Automotive Technology - Light-duty Diesel
Light-duty Diesel Overview
The objective of our Light-Duty Diesel concentration is to provide students with the skills to work on light-duty consumer trucks and diesel engines. Students study various manufacturers' engines, and examine how diesel power and performance is achieved.
Students in our Light-Duty Diesel concentration study:
- Cummins and Powerstroke Engines
- Engine Management Systems
- Dynamometer Usage
- Powerplants and Electrical
- Add-on Hydraulics Service
- Transmission Service
- Bed-swap modification
- Climate control
Students also receive training in theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of diesel-powered equipment with an emphasis on light-diesel applications.
Some career opportunities might include:
- Retail Service Technician
- Industrial Repair
- Locomotive Service and Repair
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
For information on the potential sale of this campus, click here.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Motorsports Chassis FabricationMotorsports Chassis Fabrication is a specialty of the Automotive Technology Core CourseMotorsports Chassis Fabrication The Motorsports Chassis Fabrication specialty course introduces students to metal working techniques that apply to specialty automotive chassis fabrication work. This includes a study of metal types and configurations...
Thomas LivingstonWyoTech Graduate
automotive-technology"I work for a professional drag racing team and WyoTech is what got me here."