Automotive Technology - Light-duty Diesel
Light-duty Diesel Overview
The objective of our Light-Duty Diesel concentration is to provide students with the skills to work on light-duty consumer trucks and diesel engines. Students study various manufacturers' engines, and examine how diesel power and performance is achieved.
Students in our Light-Duty Diesel concentration study:
- Cummins and Powerstroke Engines
- Engine Management Systems
- Dynamometer Usage
- Powerplants and Electrical
- Add-on Hydraulics Service
- Transmission Service
- Bed-swap modification
- Climate control
Students also receive training in theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of diesel-powered equipment with an emphasis on light-diesel applications.
Some career opportunities might include:
- Retail Service Technician
- Industrial Repair
- Locomotive Service and Repair
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
John McIntoshWyoTech Graduate"WyoTech granted me the ability to perform grade A work with a professional attitude."
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Specialty Vehicles Require Specialty ChassisApr 23rd 2014Makers of specialty motorsports vehicles can minimize the compromises they make in their products. Many of custom chassis are designed for specific results.
Motorcycle Technology’s Top 10Apr 14th 2014Interested in the top 10 of motorcycles and motorcycle technology? Here's a quick look at the category leaders when it comes to motoring on two wheels.