Automotive Technology - Light-duty Diesel
Light-duty Diesel Overview
The objective of our Light-Duty Diesel concentration is to provide students with the skills to work on light-duty consumer trucks and diesel engines. Students study various manufacturers' engines, and examine how diesel power and performance is achieved.
Students in our Light-Duty Diesel concentration study:
- Cummins and Powerstroke Engines
- Engine Management Systems
- Dynamometer Usage
- Powerplants and Electrical
- Add-on Hydraulics Service
- Transmission Service
- Bed-swap modification
- Climate control
Students also receive training in theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of diesel-powered equipment with an emphasis on light-diesel applications.
Some career opportunities might include:
- Retail Service Technician
- Industrial Repair
- Locomotive Service and Repair
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
8 Diesel Technology FirstsFeb 28th 2014There's a first time for everything, and that includes diesel power. Here are eight firsts in the history of diesel technology.
In Asia, Beware of Japanese Motorcycle Knock-OffsFeb 28th 2014Throughout Asia, cheap counterfeit bikes from China are a growing headache for Japan's Big 4 motorcycle manufacturers. Now they're fighting back.
Street Rod and Custom FabricationStreet Rod and Custom Fabrication is a specialty of the Automotive Technology Core CourseStreet Rod and Custom Fabrication In our street rod and custom fabrication course, you will study the techniques used to customize vehicles and create works of art. You will become familiar with basic specialized sheet metal fabrication techniques a...
Andrew KeyWyoTech Graduate"I would not trade my education at WyoTech for anything else in this world."