Automotive Technology - Light-duty Diesel
Light-duty Diesel Overview
The objective of our Light-Duty Diesel concentration is to provide students with the skills to work on light-duty consumer trucks and diesel engines. Students study various manufacturers' engines, and examine how diesel power and performance is achieved.
Students in our Light-Duty Diesel concentration study:
- Cummins and Powerstroke Engines
- Engine Management Systems
- Dynamometer Usage
- Powerplants and Electrical
- Add-on Hydraulics Service
- Transmission Service
- Bed-swap modification
- Climate control
Students also receive training in theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of diesel-powered equipment with an emphasis on light-diesel applications.
Some career opportunities might include:
- Retail Service Technician
- Industrial Repair
- Locomotive Service and Repair
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
For information on the potential sale of this campus, click here.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Applied Automotive Technology Applied Automotive Technology (This program available only at the Fremont Campus.) The Applied Automotive Technology program prepares individuals for entry-level positions as a modern automotive technician. Applied Automotive Technology curriculum include...
Andrew KeyWyoTech Graduate"I would not trade my education at WyoTech for anything else in this world."