Automotive Technology - High Performance Powertrain
High Performance Powertrain Overview
High Performance Powertrains
The objective of our High Performance Powertrains concentration is to provide the student with up-to-date specialty training in many high-performance applications of diesel and automotive upgrades. Student will receive training theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of modern hi-tech diesel vehicles and gasoline powered vehicles with an emphasis on performance.
Students can apply themselves to learn:
- Engine block design
- Rotating and reciprocating assemblies
- Performance camshaft and valvetrain variations
- Fuel injection management systems
- Ignition control systems
- Systems upgrades
- Electronic engine management system
- Computer reprogramming and calibration for outcome parameters
- Modifications and power train tuning for improved performance
- Chassis dynamometer verification of performance outcomes
Career opportunities for students who specialize in high performance powertrains may include:
- Engine Builder
- Street Rod Builder
- Race Team Technician
- Performance Engine Tuning
- Aftermarket Parts Research and Development
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
For information on the potential sale of this campus, click here.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Top 12 Characteristics of an Electrician: Do You Have What It Takes?Oct 16th 2014Perhaps you had a family member who was an electrician that inspired you, or you've just always had a knack for the trade. But does that mean you should become an electrician? Here are the top 12 characteristics of an electrician that may help you decide.
Custom Car Fabrication: Tools of the TradeJul 29th 2014If your dream is to become a car-customizing specialist, you will have to master a number of specialty tools that allow you to create body panels and other metal components to individual specifications. Below are some of the key tools and machines found in most custom car workshops:
Off-Road Power ConcentrationOff-Road Power Concentration is a specialty of the Motorcycle Technology Core CourseOff-Road Power Concentration WyoTech is now offering an additional program, Off-Road Power specialty or concentration, for students looking to get extra training in specific areas beyond their core program. Your training will consist of the usual cor...
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...