Automotive Technology - High Performance Powertrain
High Performance Powertrain Overview
High Performance Powertrains
The objective of our High Performance Powertrains concentration is to provide the student with up-to-date specialty training in many high-performance applications of diesel and automotive upgrades. Student will receive training theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of modern hi-tech diesel vehicles and gasoline powered vehicles with an emphasis on performance.
Students can apply themselves to learn:
- Engine block design
- Rotating and reciprocating assemblies
- Performance camshaft and valvetrain variations
- Fuel injection management systems
- Ignition control systems
- Systems upgrades
- Electronic engine management system
- Computer reprogramming and calibration for outcome parameters
- Modifications and power train tuning for improved performance
- Chassis dynamometer verification of performance outcomes
Career opportunities for students who specialize in high performance powertrains may include:
- Engine Builder
- Street Rod Builder
- Race Team Technician
- Performance Engine Tuning
- Aftermarket Parts Research and Development
Campuses that offer High Performance Powertrain
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Applied Service Management
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Light-duty Diesel
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Off-Road Power Concentration
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
Important Consumer Information and Disclosures
- For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, please view the Blairsville Campus Program Disclosures.
Blairsville Completion rates for this program*:
- For those full-time students who enrolled in this program July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014, 55.5% completed within 100% of the program length. (Calculation utilized - number of full-time students in enrollment cohort who completed within 100% program length, divided by the number of full-time students in enrollment cohort)
- For those full-time students who enrolled in this program July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014, 3.9% completed within 150% of the program length. (Calculation utilized - number of full-time students in enrollment cohort who completed within 150% program length, divided by the number of full-time students in enrollment cohort)
- For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, please view the Laramie Campus Program Disclosures.
Laramie Completion rates for this program*:
* For information regarding assumptions made in establishing these completion rates, click here
The completion rate data presented here is calculated using the following assumptions:
- The Enrollment Cohort includes all students who started in a program for the first time during the enrollment cohort (financial aid award year, “FA AY”). Re-entries are not considered a “start” in the enrollment cohort (FA AY) if they attended the program in a previous enrollment cohort (FA AY), regardless of how long it has been since their prior attendance.
- The enrollment cohort excludes any students that died, if applicable. The enrollment cohort does not exclude permanently disabled students who were unable to continue on at least a half-time basis.
- Students are considered completers if they became a graduate in the program. Students with any status other than graduate are considered non-completers.
- These calculations use the federal financial aid definition of full-time, and less than full time (number of credits) to determine the cohort the student’s completion information will be calculated in. The number of credits the student is enrolled in on the student’s first day of attendance is used to determine the student’s status. As such, students are considered full-time if they are taking 12 credits or more, and considered less than full time if they are taking less than 12 credits. All modular students are considered full time.
The following calculations are used to display completion information based on the students FT or less than FT status:
- (# of full time students in enrollment cohort (“EC”) who completed within 100% program length) / (# of full-time students in EC)
- (# of full time students in EC who completed within 150% program length) / (# of full-time students in EC)
- (# of less-than-full-time students in EC who completed within 200% program length) / (# of less-than-full-time students in EC)
- (# of less-than-full-time students in EC who completed within 300% program length) / (# of less-than-full-time students in EC)
- These disclosures reflect completion percentages for the enrollment cohort (by financial aid award year, July 1- June 30) that will provide the most recent group of completers for the longer of the two completion percentages. Specifically, we select the most recent enrollment cohort (FA AY) for the full-time students to have had enough time to complete 150% of their program length; and, we select the most recent enrollment cohort (FA AY) for the less than full-time students to have had time to complete 300% of their program length. As such, enrollment cohorts may vary dependent on program length.
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
European ConcentrationEuropean Concentration is a specialty of the Motorcycle Technology Core CourseEuropean Concentration The European Concentration provides students with a solid understanding of working with Ducati and Triumph motorcycles. Students in the European Motorcycle concentration will receive hands-on education in: Ducati Motorcycle Training Thi...
Jason PurdueWyoTech Graduate"The training I received was top-of-the-line. School was fun and didn't seem like school at all. And now that I've graduated, I have a great paying full-time job thanks to WyoTech."