Automotive Technology - High Performance Powertrain
High Performance Powertrain Overview
High Performance Powertrains
The objective of our High Performance Powertrains concentration is to provide the student with up-to-date specialty training in many high-performance applications of diesel and automotive upgrades. Student will receive training theory, hands-on repair and diagnosis of modern hi-tech diesel vehicles and gasoline powered vehicles with an emphasis on performance.
Students can apply themselves to learn:
- Engine block design
- Rotating and reciprocating assemblies
- Performance camshaft and valvetrain variations
- Fuel injection management systems
- Ignition control systems
- Systems upgrades
- Electronic engine management system
- Computer reprogramming and calibration for outcome parameters
- Modifications and power train tuning for improved performance
- Chassis dynamometer verification of performance outcomes
Career opportunities for students who specialize in high performance powertrains may include:
- Engine Builder
- Street Rod Builder
- Race Team Technician
- Performance Engine Tuning
- Aftermarket Parts Research and Development
Other Specialties in the Automotive Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Applied Service Management
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Automotive Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
David Castro2005 Graduate
automotive-technology"Working on cars is what I love doing, so it's not even like a job to me."
8 Diesel Technology FirstsFeb 28th 2014There's a first time for everything, and that includes diesel power. Here are eight firsts in the history of diesel technology.
In Asia, Beware of Japanese Motorcycle Knock-OffsFeb 28th 2014Throughout Asia, cheap counterfeit bikes from China are a growing headache for Japan's Big 4 motorcycle manufacturers. Now they're fighting back.