Marine Specialist - Specialty Options
Choose from one of our great specialty options for the Marine Specialist core.
The Marine Specialist program has added an Advanced Marine concentration to build on the core program of watercraft engines and vessels. This concentration will introduce the student to more advanced recreational marine vessel support systems, including installation and troubleshooting of fuel, electrical and other systems, as well as understanding engine computers and related software commonly used.
Students will study the following courses::
- Advanced Diesel and Power Generation - This course introduces the student to advanced installation and troubleshooting of recreational marine vessel support systems, including power generation and supply systems, marine electronics and data transfer buses. Computer and software usage as it pertains to engine interface, control area network, parts research and service manual usage will be discussed and performed throughout the course.
- Advanced EFI and Canbus Systems - This course introduces the student to advanced installation and troubleshooting of recreational marine vessel support systems, including electronic fuel injection, marine electronics and data transfer buses. Computer and software usage as it pertains to engine interface, control area network, parts research and service manual usage will be discussed and performed throughout the course.
Applied Service Management
Applied Service Management is a great specialty concentration for anyone interested in eventually managing or running his or her own shop. You'll study vital concepts for service management like:
- Business Principles
- Shop Management
- Financial Management
- Computers and Business Applications
You'll also learn the theory on setting up your own shop, record keeping, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and regulations, service writing, job costing, pricing, marketing, developing business plans, budgeting, finding lenders and investors and so much more. These business skills may likely be transferable to a number of career paths within the automotive or diesel industries.
Some career opportunities for graduates of this course may include:
- Service Advisor
- Shop Manager
- Shop Owner/Operator
- Parts Manager
Students who chose the Applied Service Management concentration, along with the required core, can earn their occupational associate degree upon completion. Associate in Specialized Technology (A.S.T.) degree is offered at Blairsville and Laramie. In Fremont and Long Beach, offered as Associate of Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degree.
Off-Road Power Concentration
WyoTech is now offering an additional program, Off-Road Power specialty or concentration, for students looking to get extra training in specific areas beyond their core program. Your training will consist of the usual core program requirements, and upon successful completion, you'll have the option of taking the Off-Road Power concentration.
Off-Road Power Courses
1. ATV Mechanical Systems and PWC: This course introduces students to information resources, sophisticated test equipment, manufacturer approved diagnostics, and repair procedures for both the mechanical aspects of all-terrain vehicles (ATV) and all aspects of personal watercraft (PWC).
2. ATV Electrical Systems and Snowmobiles: This course introduces our student to informational resources, sophisticated test equipment, manufacturer approved diagnostics, and repair procedures for fuel and electrical related issues on all-terrain vehicles (ATV) and all aspects of snowmobile repair.
European ConcentrationEuropean Concentration is a specialty of the Motorcycle Technology Core CourseEuropean Concentration The European Concentration provides students with a solid understanding of working with Ducati and Triumph motorcycles. Students in the European Motorcycle concentration will receive hands-on education in: Ducati Motorcycle Training Thi...
Jason PurdueWyoTech Graduate"The training I received was top-of-the-line. School was fun and didn't seem like school at all. And now that I've graduated, I have a great paying full-time job thanks to WyoTech."
WyoTech Graduates Build 1966 Ford Mustang in AustinOct 27th 2015WyoTech is proud to be part of a custom 1966 Ford Mustang build for the United States Military Education Association -- the car was built out last week at Richard Wood Kustoms in Austin, Texas and will be revealed next week at SEMA. Watch it live now! https://video.nest.com/live/BDoWM7
Mazda & WyoTech Partner to Train Next-Generation Automotive TechniciansAug 13th 2015IRVINE, Calif. (Aug. 13, 2015) -- Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced a three-year partnership with WyoTech, one of the country's premier technical training institutes, which will allow students to graduate as certified Mazda technicians. Mazda will also use WyoTech's state-of-the-art training facilities in Blairsville, Pa. and Laramie, Wyo. to train its top dealership personnel on advanced courses throughout the year.