Marine Specialist Program
WyoTech can give you the edge you need to succeed
Marine Specialist Program
WyoTech is now offering an exciting program that allows students to ratchet-up their knowledge and training for the Marine Industry to a whole new level.
If you think you'd enjoy a career working on marine engines, you should definitely check out the Marine Specialist Program. Courses in this program include a study of:
- Vessel Power Transmission
- Inboard Engine Propulsion Systems
- Diesel Engines, Power Generation and Marine Electronics
- Outboard Engine Propulsion Systems
The Marine Specialist Program will give you hands-on training in stern-drive and outboard mechanics, gasoline inboard engines, diesel engines and generator sets, powerheads, electrical systems, fuel systems, lubrication systems, stern-drive units, outboard motors, upper housing, and much more.
Graduates of our Marine Specialist Program may seek entry-level careers as a:
- Franchise Dealership Technician
- Marine Fleet Technician
- Engine Builder
- Aftermarket Parts Application/Development
Advanced Marine Concentration:
1. Advanced Diesel and Power Generation - In this course you'll be introduced to advanced installation and troubleshooting of recreational marine vessel support systems including power generation and supply systems, marine electronics and Data transfer buses. You'll also get up to speed on relevant computer and software usage as it pertains to engine interface, control area network, parts, research and service manual usage.
2. Advanced EFI and CAN Bus Systems -This course will introduce you to advanced installation and troubleshooting of recreation marine vessel support systems including Electronic, Fuel Injection, marine electronics and Data transfer buses. You'll also be exposed to computer software usage as it pertains to engine interface, control area network, parts research and service manual usage.
Off-Road Power Concentration:
1. Mechanical Systems and PWC -This course introduces our students to information resources, sophisticated test equipment, manufacturer approved diagnostics, and repair procedures for both the mechanical aspects of all-terrain vehicles (ATV) and all aspects of personal watercraft.
2. Electrical Systems and Snowmobiles - Our students are introduced to information resources, sophisticated test equipment, manufacturer approved diagnostics, and repair procedures for fuel and electrical relate issues on all-terrain vehicles (ATV) and all aspects of snowmobile repair.
Does the Marine Specialist Program look right for you?
Get out in front of the competition. For more information about Marine Specialist Program training, contact WyoTech today.
Campuses that offer the Marine Specialist Program Core*
Specialties in the Marine Specialist Core*
Students in the Marine Specialist Program can choose to specialize in the following:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below:
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Top 12 Characteristics of an Electrician: Do You Have What It Takes?Oct 16th 2014Perhaps you had a family member who was an electrician that inspired you, or you've just always had a knack for the trade. But does that mean you should become an electrician? Here are the top 12 characteristics of an electrician that may help you decide.
Custom Car Fabrication: Tools of the TradeJul 29th 2014If your dream is to become a car-customizing specialist, you will have to master a number of specialty tools that allow you to create body panels and other metal components to individual specifications. Below are some of the key tools and machines found in most custom car workshops: