WyoTech can give you the edge you need to succeed
The Electrician program can provide you with the necessary technical, scientific, communication, and interpersonal skills for successful employment. Your education can help prepare you for entry-level residential, industrial, and commercial employment in this vital field.
The program provides you with the knowledge and ability to install, alter, repair and maintain all types of electrical systems. The training gives you the flexibility to pursue different areas of employment as entry-level electricians.
The Electrician program will provide students training in the following areas:
- Basic electrical theory and concepts
- National electrical code and conduit bending
- Commercial wiring and circuitry
- Power distribution and intermediate conduit bending
- Motors and over-current protection
- Advanced code concepts and blueprints
- Industrial controls
- Advanced industrial control concepts
- Electronic and computer-based control technology
Some areas of study within the Electrician program include:
- Electrical Theory and Personal Development
- NEC/Safety/Hand Tools and Conduit Bending
- Residential/Commercial and NEC Requirements
- Transformer Principles and Test Equipment
- Hazardous Locations and Power Distribution
- Power Distribution and Emergency Systems
- Motor concepts and jobsite management
- Advanced Industrial Controls
- Solid State Controls and Industrial Automation
- Introduction to Computerized Industrial Control
- PLC I/O Configuration
- PLC Data Move Functions
A solid background in the theory and technology of the electrical field will expand your knowledge base and provide an advantage with career advancement.
Graduates of our Electrician program are qualified for entry-level positions such as:
- commercial and residential electrician
- preventative maintenance
- production electrician
- bench electrician
- repair electrician
- industrial maintenance electrician
- programming electrician and maintenance technician
They are also qualified to pursue entry-level positions as field service electricians and installation electricians in a number of manufacturing industries and market sector that have a need for electricial technicians.
Does Electrician look right for you?
If so you can use our Application Form to get started in the Electrician Program.
Kevin BurtonWyoTech Graduate"Attending WyoTech was the best decision of my life"
Motorcycle Technology’s Top 10Apr 14th 2014Interested in the top 10 of motorcycles and motorcycle technology? Here's a quick look at the category leaders when it comes to motoring on two wheels.
8 Diesel Technology FirstsFeb 28th 2014There's a first time for everything, and that includes diesel power. Here are eight firsts in the history of diesel technology.
Motorcycle Technology Motorcycle Technology WyoTech's Motorcycle Technology program is designed to give you the specialized skills and knowledge you need for a career servicing and repairing today's modern bikes. Whether you're interested in basic motorcycle repair or lookin...