Diesel Technology - Advanced Diesel
Advanced Diesel Overview
The objective of our Advanced Diesel program is to provide students with the training to repair and diagnose problems on diesel engines. Students work on Peterbilt and Kenworth heavy-duty trucks and learn to inspect, repair, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Model identification and warranty
- Windshield removal and replacement
- Kenworth and Peterbilt systems
- Air systems
- Hood and door adjustments
- Starting and charging systems
- Fan clutch
- Rockwell and Eaton ABS
- Federal brake inspection
- Detroit and Cummins electronics
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Automotive-Diesel Combination
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Specialty
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
John McCaffertyTeaches motorcycle-technology" I have been riding and wrenching since I was 10 years old. I've also been racing in one thing or another for a while. I have worked as a mechanic for 25 years. I can do gas engines or diesel, and have just started teaching and having a pretty goodtime..."
Street Rod and Custom FabricationStreet Rod and Custom Fabrication is a specialty of the Diesel Technology Core CourseStreet Rod and Custom Fabrication In our street rod and custom fabrication course, you will study the techniques used to customize vehicles and create works of art. You will become familiar with basic specialized sheet metal fabrication techniques a...