Diesel Technology - Advanced Diesel
Advanced Diesel Overview
The objective of our Advanced Diesel program is to provide students with the training to repair and diagnose problems on diesel engines. Students work on Peterbilt and Kenworth heavy-duty trucks and learn to inspect, repair, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Model identification and warranty
- Windshield removal and replacement
- Kenworth and Peterbilt systems
- Air systems
- Hood and door adjustments
- Starting and charging systems
- Fan clutch
- Rockwell and Eaton ABS
- Federal brake inspection
- Detroit and Cummins electronics
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Jim WilliamsTeaches motorcycle-technology" I have worked in the motorcycle industry for over 18 years, and I know what it takes to do the job. My first job in the industry was as a parts person in a local dealer. I have worked at several dealerships and independent shops over the last 18 years. Th..."
Off Road Power Concentration – Train for the Future at WyoTech in DaytonaNov 29th 2013If you like the idea of getting gaining the knowledge and skills to work on motorcycles along with additional classroom instruction and hands-on training to work on ATVs and snowmobiles, WyoTech in Daytona Beach offers a Motorcycle Technology program, where upon completion, you'll have the option of taking the Off-Road Power Concentration.
Truck Trend Picks WyoTech’s F-100 as One of SEMA Show’s Top 25 TrucksNov 21st 2013Motor Trend’s Truck Trend magazine named WyoTech's 1964 Ford F-100 Roadster as one of 25 top customized trucks displayed at the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.