Diesel Technology - Advanced Diesel
Advanced Diesel Overview
The objective of our Advanced Diesel course is to provide students with the training to repair and diagnose problems on diesel engines. Students work on Peterbilt and Kenworth heavy-duty trucks and learn to inspect, repair, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Model identification and warranty
- Windshield removal and replacement
- Kenworth and Peterbilt systems
- Air systems
- Hood and door adjustments
- Starting and charging systems
- Fan clutch
- Rockwell and Eaton ABS
- Federal brake inspection
- Detroit and Cummins electronics
Campuses that offer Advanced Diesel
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Applied Service Management
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
- Diesel-Auto Vehicle Technology
- High Performance Powertrain
- Light-duty Diesel
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Caleb TroyerWyoTech Graduate
automotive-technology"WyoTech was well worth the money and time that I spent. I learned a lot about cars, met a lot of people and had a lot of fun. If I was asked to do it again, I'd do it in a heartbeat."
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Top 12 Characteristics of an Electrician: Do You Have What It Takes?Oct 16th 2014Perhaps you had a family member who was an electrician that inspired you, or you've just always had a knack for the trade. But does that mean you should become an electrician? Here are the top 12 characteristics of an electrician that may help you decide.
Custom Car Fabrication: Tools of the TradeJul 29th 2014If your dream is to become a car-customizing specialist, you will have to master a number of specialty tools that allow you to create body panels and other metal components to individual specifications. Below are some of the key tools and machines found in most custom car workshops: