Diesel Technology - Advanced Diesel
Advanced Diesel Overview
The objective of our Advanced Diesel program is to provide students with the training to repair and diagnose problems on diesel engines. Students work on Peterbilt and Kenworth heavy-duty trucks and learn to inspect, repair, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Model identification and warranty
- Windshield removal and replacement
- Kenworth and Peterbilt systems
- Air systems
- Hood and door adjustments
- Starting and charging systems
- Fan clutch
- Rockwell and Eaton ABS
- Federal brake inspection
- Detroit and Cummins electronics
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all programs and specialties offered at all locations.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
8 Diesel Technology FirstsFeb 28th 2014There's a first time for everything, and that includes diesel power. Here are eight firsts in the history of diesel technology.
In Asia, Beware of Japanese Motorcycle Knock-OffsFeb 28th 2014Throughout Asia, cheap counterfeit bikes from China are a growing headache for Japan's Big 4 motorcycle manufacturers. Now they're fighting back.
John McIntosh2003 Graduate"WyoTech granted me the ability to perform grade A work with a professional attitude."