Diesel Technology - Advanced Diesel
Advanced Diesel Overview
The objective of our Advanced Diesel program is to provide students with the training to repair and diagnose problems on diesel engines. Students work on Peterbilt and Kenworth heavy-duty trucks and learn to inspect, repair, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Model identification and warranty
- Windshield removal and replacement
- Kenworth and Peterbilt systems
- Air systems
- Hood and door adjustments
- Starting and charging systems
- Fan clutch
- Rockwell and Eaton ABS
- Federal brake inspection
- Detroit and Cummins electronics
Other Specialties in the Diesel Technology Core*
- Auto-Diesel Vehicle Technology
- Light-duty Diesel
- Street Rod and Custom Fabrication
- High Performance Powertrain
- Applied Service Management
- Motorsports Chassis Fabrication
- Trim and Upholstery Technology
- Off-Road Power Concentration
- DATE for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
Campuses that offer the Diesel Technology Core
For information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who complete this program and more, choose a campus below to download:
* Not all courses and specialties offered at all locations.
Motorcycle Technology’s Top 10Apr 14th 2014Interested in the top 10 of motorcycles and motorcycle technology? Here's a quick look at the category leaders when it comes to motoring on two wheels.
8 Diesel Technology FirstsFeb 28th 2014There's a first time for everything, and that includes diesel power. Here are eight firsts in the history of diesel technology.
Jessi Combs - WyoTech Success Story2004 Graduate
collision-refinishing-technologyJessi graduated in 2004 from WyoTech' s Collision/Refinishing Technology program with specialty focuses in Motorsports Chassis Fabrication , Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and Trim and Upholstery Technology Jessi is a proud graduate of WyoTech i...
Thomas LivingstonWyoTech Graduate
automotive-technology"I work for a professional drag racing team and WyoTech is what got me here."