What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a distinction granted to any institution meeting or exceeding the stated criteria of educational quality. The purposes of accreditation include:
- Assess and enhance the educational quality of an institution
- Assure consistency in institutional operations
- Promote institutional improvement
- Provide for public accountability
Why is accreditation important to you?
Accreditation affects you by providing for the responsibility of an institution and assuring prospective and current students of the following:
- It is recognized as a qualified institution of higher learning with approved courses of study that meet recognized academic standards
- It employs a professional staff
- It has sufficient facilities and equipment
This school voluntarily undergoes periodic accrediting evaluations by teams of qualified examiners including subject experts and specialists in occupational education and private school administration.
- WyoTech-Blairsville is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). This school is one of 52 campuses owned by Zenith Education Group. For further information on ACCSC, mail to 2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201, call 703-247-4212, or visit www.accsc.org.
- WyoTech, Blairsville is authorized by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. This authorization must be renewed each year and is based on an evaluation by minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility.& Disclosures
- Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education, 1122 Lady Street, Suite 300, Columbia, SC 29201; telephone (803) 737-2260.& Licensure indicates that minimum standards have been met; it is not equivalent to or synonymous with accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Disclosures
* Copies of accreditation, approval and membership documentation are available for inspection at the campus. Please contact the campus president to review this material.
Blairsville Campus » Map
500 Innovation Drive
Blairsville PA, 15717
Phone: (724) 459-9500
Fax: (724) 459-6499
Automotive Technology Automotive Technology Working on today's cars requires an understanding in the science and technology that goes into the modern, highly-sophisticated automobile. At WyoTech, students spend time in the classroom and then apply what they've learned to actua...
Bobby DhaliwalWyoTech Graduate
collision-refinishing-technology"I'm a Fabricator, Body Man, Painter, everything! I can do it all! I love what I do. I wouldn't change it for anything."
WyoTech Debuts Ford Conversion Van At SEMA Show That Combines The Best Of Retro Styling With Advanced TechnologyNov 9th 2016To mark its 50th anniversary, WyoTech unveiled two vehicles that students, graduates and instructors customized as part of a “Chop Cut Rebuild” feature at this year’s SEMA Show.
WyoTech Graduates Build 1966 Ford Mustang in AustinOct 27th 2015WyoTech is proud to be part of a custom 1966 Ford Mustang build for the United States Military Education Association -- the car was built out last week at Richard Wood Kustoms in Austin, Texas and will be revealed next week at SEMA. Watch it live now! https://video.nest.com/live/BDoWM7